SOURCE: Daily Mail By ANDY DOLAN, STEVE DOUGHTY, TAMARA COHEN and PAUL BENTLEY PUBLISHED: 23:04, 24 April 2013 | UPDATED: 18:34, 25 April 2013 Agony of woman locked up for six weeks by secret court just for trying to get her Dad out of care home: The terrifying moment police descended to ‘cart me off to jail’ Wanda Maddocks is first person to be …
- 2 Members.
- 120 Guests.
- Stoke-on-Trent: New political group formed to challenge Labour in 2015 1 comment(s) | posted on May 1, 2013
- OPINION: Stoke-on-Trent Labour show nothing but contempt for city electors 0 comment(s) | posted on May 18, 2013
- Majid Khan set to be Lord Mayor in 2014 0 comment(s) | posted on May 1, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Paul Breeze joins City Independents 0 comment(s) | posted on May 13, 2013
- UNEARTHED – The Story of Lidice Shall Live Again in Stoke-on-Trent by Dashy Line 0 comment(s) | posted on May 3, 2013
Category Archive: Social Care
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/stoke-on-trent-city-council-part-of-secret-jailing-of-50-year-old-woman/
by Paul Morrison If I blogged every time the Daily Mail printed an untruth about people on benefits I wouldn’t get away from my laptop very often. But the Mail’s untruths are designed to soften up public opinion for benefit cuts – and as such it deserves some examination. The argument from Government which is supported by this …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/daily-mail-welfare-stories-untrue-and-dangerously-misleading/
Care workers in North Staffordshire homes face £400 cut in wagesHUNDREDS of former NHS staff are fighting plans to cut their wages by up to £400 a month. The 200-plus nurses and care assistants in 10 North Staffordshire homes for people with learning disabilities face being forced onto new downgraded contracts by a national charity …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/care-workers-in-north-staffordshire-homes-face-400-cut-in-wages/
Stoke-on-Trent’s City Council’s Children and Young People’s Services (CYPS) Overview and Scrutiny Committee are to be told of a £2m overspend that “could be as high as £3.502m if children remain in their current placements.”, in a report by Mark Kenyon, Finance & Commercial Manager CYPS. The Report: http://www.moderngov.stoke.gov.uk/mgconvert2pdf.aspx?id=38113 http://www.moderngov.stoke.gov.uk/mgconvert2pdf.aspx?id=38153 The report reveals the spiraling cost is …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/children-centre-cuts-blamed-for-rise-in-social-services-children-in-care-placed-outside-city/
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/free-home-care-available-to-fewer-elderly-people/
Got news or want to write?
Call or Text:: 07850939611
Facebook: Mike Barnes
- Kevin Raftery: The Shame of Stoke on Trent City Council – This is Staffordshire
- Teenage teachers from Tunstall win royal approval – This is Staffordshire
- Plans to restore WWI soldier’s grave
- Meeting held: Thursday, 23 May 2013 5.30 pm, Cabinet
- Delays on A5009 Leek Road in Abbey Hulton after vehicle strikes bridge
- Correspondance between yourselves and Warm Zones
- Don’t let Adams’ furore detract from Norman’s honest approach
- Stoke-on-Trent city council officials accused of snubbing NHS meeting
- Senior doctors brand A&E unit unsafe at University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- BT to bring superfast broadband to Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
- 6 Towns Radio holds a 24/7 FM Party! May 22, 2013
- Martin Tideswell: Pets' Corner, a railway and a shire horse... May 12, 2013
- REVIEW - Matthew Clewley gives his verdict on metalcore band... May 6, 2013
- Tickets on sale for new Battle of the Bands contest at Keele... May 6, 2013
- Pub Landlord Al Murray stops off at the Victoria Hall May 6, 2013
- Coronation Street's Beverley Callard stars in The Rise And Fall... May 6, 2013
- REVIEW - Columnist Daniel Keen's verdict on New Jersey Nights
- Film star Tara Fitzgerald comes to Stoke-on-Trent (video)
- We've had the best show of our lives: Dirty Dancing is The Regent...
- New Vic Theatre announces Christmas 2013 show
- Singers compete for chance to win prestigious opera prize in...
- Cinderella Christmas panto: 'It's the best show in years in...
- Review: Eric in Wonderland, at the New Vic