One in four children in Britain – 3.4 million – will be in relative poverty by 2020, the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has warned.
- 0 Members.
- 105 Guests.
- Stoke-on-Trent: New political group formed to challenge Labour in 2015 1 comment(s) | posted on May 1, 2013
- OPINION: Stoke-on-Trent Labour show nothing but contempt for city electors 0 comment(s) | posted on May 18, 2013
- Majid Khan set to be Lord Mayor in 2014 0 comment(s) | posted on May 1, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Paul Breeze joins City Independents 0 comment(s) | posted on May 13, 2013
- UNEARTHED – The Story of Lidice Shall Live Again in Stoke-on-Trent by Dashy Line 0 comment(s) | posted on May 3, 2013
Tag Archive: Social exclusion
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/one-in-four-uk-children-will-be-living-in-poverty-by-2020-says-thinktank/
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/exposed-the-myth-of-a-culture-of-worklessness/
Councils will now be considered to have fulfilled their duty to homeless people by helping them rent from private landlords
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/vulnerable-homeless-people-face-an-astonishing-shift-in-housing-policy/
Welfare reform could see families lose free school meals and prescriptions, says Joseph Rowntree Foundation
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/universal-credit-will-hit-low-income-families-charity-warns/
Figures from Trussell Trust, which operates food banks, show 110,000 were referred for help between April and September
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/number-of-uk-poor-receiving-emergency-food-aid-doubles/
Government plans to break the link between benefits and living standards would be no less than breaking the link with decency
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/freezing-benefits-would-mean-an-all-out-assault-on-poor-families/
Charging extortionate rates of interest, these companies are robbing the poor. I know, because I worked undercover for one
Permanent link to this article: http://www.potteye.co.uk/in-camerons-britain-payday-loan-companies-are-free-to-shaft-the-poor/
Got news or want to write?
Call or Text:: 07850939611
Facebook: Mike Barnes
- Kevin Raftery: The Shame of Stoke on Trent City Council – This is Staffordshire
- Teenage teachers from Tunstall win royal approval – This is Staffordshire
- Plans to restore WWI soldier’s grave
- Meeting held: Thursday, 23 May 2013 5.30 pm, Cabinet
- Delays on A5009 Leek Road in Abbey Hulton after vehicle strikes bridge
- Correspondance between yourselves and Warm Zones
- Don’t let Adams’ furore detract from Norman’s honest approach
- Stoke-on-Trent city council officials accused of snubbing NHS meeting
- Senior doctors brand A&E unit unsafe at University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- BT to bring superfast broadband to Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
- 6 Towns Radio holds a 24/7 FM Party! May 22, 2013
- Martin Tideswell: Pets' Corner, a railway and a shire horse... May 12, 2013
- REVIEW - Matthew Clewley gives his verdict on metalcore band... May 6, 2013
- Tickets on sale for new Battle of the Bands contest at Keele... May 6, 2013
- Pub Landlord Al Murray stops off at the Victoria Hall May 6, 2013
- Coronation Street's Beverley Callard stars in The Rise And Fall... May 6, 2013
- REVIEW - Columnist Daniel Keen's verdict on New Jersey Nights
- Film star Tara Fitzgerald comes to Stoke-on-Trent (video)
- We've had the best show of our lives: Dirty Dancing is The Regent...
- New Vic Theatre announces Christmas 2013 show
- Singers compete for chance to win prestigious opera prize in...
- Cinderella Christmas panto: 'It's the best show in years in...
- Review: Eric in Wonderland, at the New Vic